One of the things that many sellers forget is that buyers today are more discriminating than ever. They look at a house but they still want to find a much better property. In my experience, if you want to sell your house especially in Tequesta, FL, keep this in mind: a house that looks and smells clean will attract more buyers.
You may be wondering why you need to keep your house tidy when you are planning on leaving it anyway. The truth is that the buyers become serious when they can see you took time to take care of it. It is not true that you have to spend a lot of money because minor repairs, touch-ups, and some basic improvements inside and out will make a huge difference. Here are the things that you need to do:
- Give attention to all rooms. Clean them all thoroughly and make sure they sparkle. Of course, not literally, but at least remove all clutter. Inspect the room and see if it has too much furniture. If it does, remove some because they can make the room appear smaller. it is best to produce a spacious look if you want to sell your house quickly.
- Paint old or grimy walls, but do not get carried away. Use a neutral shade of paint (white and beige are popular choices). Aside from paint, make sure there are no cracks. If there are, repair them and remove plasters or wallpapers that are damaged.
- All the faucets in the kitchen and bathroom should work properly. Check the shower heads as well.
- If you do not know yet, bathrooms have a huge impact if you need to sell your house fast so check that they are clean.
- Fix the doorknob if it necessary. Everything should work well including the light switch plate and the ceiling fan.
- Some people spend a lot to remodel their kitchen, but you don’t have to do that. You can actually make it look appealing by simply adding curtains, applying fresh paint, and installing new cabinets.
- Your attic as well as the garage and basement, and garage should be organized and neat. Remember, buyers would want to see them during the house tour.
- First impressions last and therefore you should guarantee that you will impress the buyer the first time they enter your door. To create a friendly entry, set plants on your porch or right at the front steps. You can also add a wreath on the door and don’t forget about the lawn too.
- The beds should be made as well. No buyer would want to be purchase a home with a messy bedroom.
- Sometimes, a buyer will visit during nighttime. This is your chance to make them feel cozy. Place correct lighting to set a mood that will put your potential buyer at ease.
I hope that these methods will work for you when you sell your house in Tequesta as they have never failed me. If you want to get rid of your home in just a matter of days, why not give our offer a try? We purchase homes in South Florida and you can learn more about us here.